Wednesday, May 29, 2013

getting past the screen



Cliff Top Clarity

clarity can come to us
on this elemental island
that juts above a protected green sea of troughs and ripples,
particularly if we are quiet to words,

for words can distract us away like our electronics,
those screens that pull us into their world,
and literally screen us from open space within and without,

I do love words for they can be my hands
with which I can puzzle out the truths within emotions and thoughts,
and they can be a bridge by which we can connect with the other,

words can also be like junk food
that fill the moment and leave us even emptier after,

words can be a lecture that fills the moments
with semblance of meaning and after also leaves us empty,

for me I seek the primary source of nature herself
and those parts of me that resonate and learn from her,
silence can bring clarity,
when we can empty enough so that we can fill anew,






we leave the mountain top
and yet the mountain top can leave with us,
as we remember beauty and the clarity of what’s real.


by Henry H. Walker
Mar7 22, ’13

No comments: