Friday, March 18, 2016

bereft of insight, for a time




my spring of creativity

here I sit on a balcony
overlooking the great Pacific Ocean,
gale wind tosses the palms
and crashes the waves upon the North Shore of Oahu,

and I feel tired,
bereft of great insight in reaction,
it’s as if I’m paying a toll
for the rawness and sensitivity I’ve been feeling,
it’s as if there’s a creative spring in me
that was all wound up with unactualized potential,
and it has released its energy in poem after poem,
and in photo after photo, the last couple of weeks,

now I need sleep,
or mindlessness,
or getting back to work,
to recharge,
to rewind the spring of my creativity
so that I lose my insulation
and quiver anew with the shock
of how wondrous a moment in nature can be.


by Henry H. Walker
March 10, ‘16

No comments: