Sunday, January 30, 2022

I want a new Ted Lasso now

 

serial consciousness


stories are us,

we love the word,

and we love the words

that tell us tales

of who we are

from the past to our present,

tales of who others are in lives

that parallel ours,

that diverge from ours,

that grab our interest

in roads not taken,

in roads that might be taken,

in roads that should not be taken,


summer in the mountains for me as a kid

had far fewer stories than I wanted,

the few books on the shelves read, and reread,

no television, few movies,

I remember Saturday morning movies and serials,

continuing stories we got as a chapter at a time,

now I have more books in hand or in Kindle than I can get to,

and, particularly daunting, a plethora of streaming stories,

far more high quality possibilities than I can handle,


I have story after story in my consciousness,

so many started but waiting for the next chapters to come out,

I feel addicted to countless soap operas,

with whom I can dance when the way opens for each,

I wonder how many serials I can handle?


Foundation stretches over a decade before me,

I want a new Ted Lasso now.


by Henry H. Walker

January 28, ’22

No comments: