Tuesday, August 16, 2016

a trail through the trackless



the introvert and nature

the introvert in me needs nature:
unfenced, unpruned, unbulldozed flat, not neatened,
untamed with right angles and human reflections,

I like to fit into the natural world
and let it heal the frenetic in me,

I do like a trail, though:
today I wandered through poison ivy thickets,
spider webs and bugs came at my eyes,
a good trail harmonizes with forest and land,
and allows me to focus on how the notes of my passing through
can blend with the melody the world can sing without us,






































I want to be like a good trail with my life,
I want to make others’ experience of themselves in the world
more conducive of revelation than often possible
while blundering through a trackless wood. 


by Henry H. Walker
August 14, ’16

No comments: