Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Rachel's take on college

 

Why go to college? 

an imagined response from Rachel Frances Walker


I want to go to college to stretch myself,

in and out of classes,

to fully engage with others,

I want to appreciate the great many paths

that people can take in being who they are

and in who they are becoming,


I want to figure how to settle more surely into who I am,

to know a continuity deep within me that will find its way, 


I want to learn to coexist, to develop relationship,

I want to use classes and others as lenses

with which and through which blocks can stack together,

that which is asunder can cohere, order can form itself,

the universe can increasingly make sense,


college for me, now, is where I can joy 

in the wonder of learning, of being, of becoming.



by Henry H. Walker
December  27, ‘23

No comments: