Sunday, December 5, 2021

continuity of her early years with her last years

 

Becca Calhoun’s Service


as the service progresses,

I keep seeing the young Becky Calhoun:

eyes a-twinkle, seeing you

and the potential in the moment,

feeling the Light within

and the joy of letting it out into the world,


as friend after friend describe her last years,

I feel a continuity of the self revealed in their words

with that early promise I still feel so clearly,


what shakes me to my core, though,

are those memories of in-between,

when winds buffeted her,

glitches in her body, 

of cancer and Lyme disease,

glitches in her choices

when the way forward 

was lost to her for awhile,


I feel comfort in the continuity

of the last years with the promise of her first years,

Becca made a difference for the better in life after life,

her Light within still brings revelation

of how to move forward,

even when the paths hide

and the steps are powerfully hard to take.



by Henry H. Walker

December 4, ‘21

No comments: