Monday, September 13, 2021

back to the classroom


 In-Person Learning Now


Question: how are students responding to the pandemic 

once back to in-person school?

My hypothesis: students are excelling as best they can.

Observations:

I am enjoying classes,

students seem to be enjoying classes and learning.

I have the highest level I can remember of excellence on assignments.

An eighth grade student volunteers:

“I am more motivated now than I was before the pandemic.”

Another student, sitting next to him, agrees.  She had been home-schooled last year.


the difficulties of distance learning

seemed to strand us in a desert,

and we were all thirsty, parched,

now, being back in class, we have found an oasis,

and every assignment now can be a drink

we had been hoping for,


a school, at its best, should be just what the student needs,

it is sad that the pandemic had to be a way for us to learn how thirsty we were,

each moment in class, as students rise to the best which calls to them,

I am almost overcome by joy in the rightness which reasserts itself.,

as thirsts find a good drink to help with what has been lacking.


by Henry H. Walker

September 11, ‘21

No comments: