Tuesday, July 30, 2019

whole with where and who I am




synchronizing with nature

“Synchronize your watches!”
a common trope in old action movies,

as I sit by a rain-swollen, tumbling creek in the Smokies,
I realize I am not synchronizing with it,
instead, it is but background,
and I have lists of chores, worries about myself,
my nightmares and my dreams,
that occupy my thoughts,
I felt much the same in the Canadian Rockies a week ago,

my eyes and my intellect saw the glories without me,
but my tiredness and my emotions
kept keeping me from fully synchronizing,
except when an animal, a waterfall, a glacier, a view,








broke through to me,
and I was there, whole with where and who I was,
the tones of my life harmonized
with the beauty sung by
the gifts of life upon this world,
and by the world itself.

by Henry H. Walker
July 23, ‘19


No comments: