Tuesday, July 17, 2012

whatever can reveal itself


search image

who we are can shape what we find,
what we expect can open or close us to what we see,

if we feel ourselves to be a hammer,
the world can be to us as nails,

I take who I am and extrapolate to others,
and sometimes that gives me a key to a lock
that the self before me can hide behind,

I hurt deep within
and that hurt opens me to the hurt
that might drive another,

I have learned to see the shape of artifice
within the more flowing shapes of the natural,
and I hope to be able to recognize the essence of the natural
within the human world
so that I can know when we are true to what has real roots,

my son has a search image for four leaf clovers














and I do not, I look at clover
and whatever I see seems to revert to three




because that’s what I expect, I guess,







what I seek in my searches throughout my life is revelation,
not just what I hope to find
but what the universe tells me is what I can find,
maybe what I need to find,

who I am strives to be who can best appreciate
whatever the world allows to be revealed.

by Henry Walker
July 11, ’12

clover images from Google Images

1 comment:

Ike Walker said...

It's only in the past year or two that I've learned how unusual my gift for finding four leaf clovers is.

I found 5 of them the first time I mowed the lawn at the new house.