Thursday, January 12, 2012

status report


age is moving on


my age is moving on:
in a month I’ll be at the age the Beatles chose
to wonder about with “will you still?”s,
my ears still mostly plugged
against the siren-call of retirement,
the joy of doing with my being still feels right,
somewhat as a way to balance
the cost to the Earth of my life,

this weekend has been of saying “no” in what I eat,
of getting to chore after chore, inside & outside, & for school,
so that space and direction that just need doing
find the order they need,

our big middle school play opens
in a little more than a month,
and a lot needs doing that I can help get going:
logistics, direction as to what and how,
the finding of paths amidst the helter-skelter of other paths,
other commitments, or that of avoidance,
or sickness, or self-doubt that are strewn seemingly everywhere,
and maze the way forward,

I see the potential of the whole to come together
and of each individual to find the way forward,
so that the Light within finds the way out,
and each is as bright as can be, and acknowledged as such,
and that each piece of a possible whole clicks into place,
and all touched by that wholeness are better
for how well the light then shines.

by Henry H. Walker
January 10, ’12

No comments: