Sunday, August 21, 2022

recording my book of poetry about Alzheimer's


 From Experience To Book, Physical and Audible


1st, I experienced,


2nd, I wrapped words around the experience

to hold as much of the moments as I could,


3rd, I collected the moments into a sequence to transform snapshots

into the visual coherence a slideshow gives us,

I hope it all held together enough

to approximate the coherent story of a movie,


4th, I self-published it all into a hardbound book

with illumination of word and illustration,


and now, 5th, I read and record each poem in turn

so that I relive the moments in order,

I work to deliver the words 

as if for the first time felt, thought, revealed,


I love how well the words work, while I also recognize

that the moments I reached to hold are beyond what any of us

can know and appreciate with the vitality each moment deserves.


by Henry H. Walker

August 19, ‘22

No comments: