Sunday, June 12, 2022

writing to me

 

writing can hold


I feel at the peak of my writing skills,


I regularly anticipate that something will coalesce within me

so that I can fashion words into  net

that will catch and hold enough of it

order appears from out of the seeming chaos

within which I live,


Quakers still themselves so as to open self

to the shaking of the reviled Word,

somehow I parallel that openness

and somehow revelation shakes me into needed order of words,


intensity helps, for example, a person lost to us

focuses me well, the  intensity of experience helps me hold

long enough to write a net,


when nothing is obviously shaking me,

I work to notice what is going on,

what come at me, from me, that needs to be seen,

that needs to be appreciated,


for me, stepping out of the moment is vital

for then I can “grok”
 what I might have missed

when I nap in the present.



by Henry H. Walker
June  7, ‘22

No comments: