Sunday, October 3, 2021

objective reality, trumped

 

those who will not see


I do not understand

when objective reality has gotten so trumped

that people can die and we don’t see them,

that conspiracy theories make more sense to some than science

that our desire to win politically makes us lose morally,


I lead with my heart,

so I know how much my head needs guidance,

still objective reality calls me first

so that I will not deny what is there

just because I don’t want it to be there,


I don’t like how today’s politics 

help me to understand better great mistakes in the past,

today’s absurdities and denial help me to understand better

Germans who would not see there was a Holocaust taking place,

Romans who wouldn’t see the Empire’s flaws,

any who have seen the tribe as club,

exclusive only to those just like us.


by Henry H. Walker

September 30, ‘21

No comments: