Saturday, November 2, 2019

Memorial Circle, may the circle be unbroken




ripples

at our best we are connected to each other,
open enough to those outside us,
to let them into us,
to feel their joys and sorrows,
to learn from them,
to let their lives touch ours,
and make us better,

each life ripples outward,
and who we are moves in response,
as we hope theirs does, too, 
to that which pulses out from us,

I feel a calling to remember and honor 
those who have gone before,
and whose lives touch me at my best,
helping me to not feel so lonely,
to help me move in ways and directions
that feel more right to me
than what I come up with just by myself,

we should feel ourselves part of communities
that seek us, embrace us,
help us see ourselves as the best 
that others can persist as seeing in us,

I sorrow when connections break,
and someone is alone,

even when a person has died,
I want to hold to the connection,
and still feel the ripples.

Memorial Circle, CFS, daybreak

Memorial Circle, CFS, heron sculpture, the spirit rises, sculpture by Bradley McDevitt

CFS Day of the Dead remembrance ceremony, 11/1/19


























































by Henry H. Walker
November 1, ‘19


No comments: