Monday, November 26, 2012

how DOES a refrigerator work?


to love to learn

the world I am most alive in
is the world open to possibility,

I love it when I realize I am ignorant,
that there is a hole in me
that I can fill with the challenging joy of learning,

I do not feel lesser
when I know I don’t know,
I feel greater for I know
that I can know more, and better,

I am still the child who asked his father
to read to him from the World Book,
the empath who wants to know
how another sees and feels the world,
I am still the one who loves the puzzles
the world can give us,
who knows that answers
can be conditional upon perspective,
upon how the question’s framed,

I know that it’s not the answers that count,
it’s the questions,
and the openness to learn
whatever path to truth the universe reveals,

I am drawn to Hinduism
and how that one’s life should seek the answer of self and desire,
and that the process might take longer than I can yet imagine.

by Henry H. Walker
November 22, ’12

No comments: