Wednesday, May 30, 2012

time to move


a dancer in the soul

I have a dancer in my soul,
a spirit who knows that only movement
can truly partner music
as feet or head or limb deny stasis,
within we exult as we feel the gifts of the moment,
the rhythms of song ache to release and express
that which life struggles to bring forth,

we live between the great sleep from which we first awake
and the final sleep that can slip upon us any time,
and movement deserves what time it can have,

tonight at our middle school dance
the music and the dancer within called to me
and I joyed in both letting go and applying myself to dance,
and to the other who danced with me
and matched and inspired my movements,










the life force moves
and how wonderful to be able to move with it,
and joy
that, for now, we are.


by Henry H. Walker
May 18, ’12

No comments: